Michel Design Works designs and manufactures high quality, elegant and affordable products for every room in the house, from personal care, to home décor, to kitchen and tableware.
We are growing, and always looking for talented, creative and motivated people to join our team. See below for current openings.
Michel Design Works is an extremely creative giftware company that designs, manufactures and sells an extensive range of beautifully packaged products to high-end retailers throughout the world. Our lines include stationery, bath and body products, and home decor.
We are looking for a Production Designer to work in our Katonah NY office. This position is on-site only. The primary responsibility of this position is to take an existing design concept and apply it over a range of packaging and products. Product files must then be sent to our manufacturers. Although this is not a design role, a solid background in design will prove extremely helpful.
Personal performance factors must include: Ingenuity and resourcefulness when solving problems, a strong work ethic and self starter, an eagerness to learn, accuracy, attention to detail and a calm demeanor amid shifting priorities. Strong attention to detail is essential, as files must be built according to our distinct brand identity.
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. You must have:
• Thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Stellar ability to produce print-ready files and experience with digital prepress and preflight management
• Thorough knowledge of visual design principals; graphic design, layout, typography, color
• A talent for multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing projects and effective communication skills
Possible additional responsibilities:
• Maintains and organizes all development samples.
• Tracks all new product development to and from factories.
• Works with design department to revise and update files as needed.
Packaging and Giftware Industry experience. Minimum of 5 years post-college production experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.